Highly Experienced Successful Litigators Proven Results
Allan F. Shapiro
- Automobile & Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Dog-Related Injuries
- Defective Products Claims
- Premises Liability - Slip or Trip and Fall Cases
- Property Loss
- Mediation and Arbitration
Allan F. Shapiro has extensive experience in personal injury law, including trials in State and Federal Courts. He has many years experience working with the Minnesota No-Fault Act, personal injury and wrongful death claims resulting from all forms of negligent conduct, including negligent operation of motor vehicles, premises liability, dog bites, defective products and medical negligence. Mr. Shapiro maintains a balanced personal injury practice representing plaintiffs (injured parties) and also, representing selected defendants.
Born and raised in New York City, Allan Shapiro worked as a New York City cab driver during several summers while attending college. He was a member of Local 3036, AFL-CIO Taxidrivers Union. He graduated from Cornell University in Ithaca, New York. After graduating from Cornell, he traveled, lived and worked in Canada and North Carolina for two years. He then moved to Minnesota and entered the William Mitchell College of Law. Attending classes at night, he worked his way through law school as a legislative consultant and judicial law clerk for Judge Eugene Minenko of the Hennepin County District Court. He graduated with a JD degree cum laude and has practiced as a trial lawyer ever since.
Allan Shapiro has been chosen as a Super Lawyer by Minnesota Law & Politics Magazine in the personal injury area and as a Leading Minnesota Lawyer by an independent rating organization. The Martindale and Hubbell legal directory gives Allan Shapiro their highest rating (AV). He is on the roster of neutral arbitrators and mediators of the Minnesota Supreme Court and was selected to be on the panel of mediators and arbitrators of Creative Dispute Resolution and US Arbitration & Mediation. For the last five years, Mr. Shapiro has been a faculty member training mediators and arbitrators at a course given at St. Olaf College, sponsored by U.S. Mediation and Arbitration. He has been an Adjunct Instructor at the William Mitchell College of Law and has been a speaker at several continuing education seminars.
In addition to his plaintiffs practice, Mr. Shapiro has defended personal injury throughout his legal career. This includes a wide variety of claims from wrongful death and significant injury claims to the arbitration of no-fault claims. His special focus has been the defense of inter and intra state trucking companies and their drivers. On a personal level, Mr. Shapiro is an active father of three children. In his leisure time, he enjoys skiing, fishing and golf. He has coached girls softball and boys basketball. He also provided free legal services through the Volunteer Lawyers Network and served on several community boards.
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Honors: cum laude
- Cornell University, Ithaca, New York
- B.S., Bachelor of Science
- U.S. Federal Courts
- U.S. Supreme Court
- 2008 Attorney of the Year (Minnesota Lawyer)
- Super Lawyer, Minnesota Law & Politics Magazine (Top 40), Personal Injury
- Leading Minnesota Lawyer, Independent Rating Organization
- AV rating, Martindale and Hubbell
Classes & Seminars
- St. Olaf College, Faculty Member Training Mediators and Arbitrators
- Adjunct Instructor, William Mitchell College of Law
- Minnesota Association of Justice
- American Board of Trial Attorneys, Member
- Panel of Mediators and Arbitrators of Creative Dispute Resolution and US Arbitration & Mediation